I just could not leave this behind today. This post is just something; I wanna share with all of you. It may be a bit funny, but it can also show how different reality can be from one place to another one. I read the news everyday. It’s not because I want to be smart or something like that. I basically read it to check the weather report for next day :P Anyways, every time I do it, I also check other stuffs. I sometimes notice that Bergens news are estrange, unusual, funny and naïve. Maybe it’s nothing going on in this city. That may be the case. I usually check two websites: bt.no and ba.no. Last Saturday, I found two examples of what I call stupid news. Please, my Norwegian friends correct me whether I am misunderstanding the content of the news. They may probably be important. I just needed to show you an example of what I mean. BA newspaper posted the news about a cat "The cat in the bus" This cat likes to get in buses. They reported that the cat did not pay the ticket
Sunday, November 9, 2008
The cat in the bus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Norwegians are definetely naive...And I dont think ba.no is the best place to go for local news...Neither is the paper version...However, I find it nice to read dumb news stories like the one about the cat...I love that there is so little going on in our country that a story about a cat in a bus becomes news. I love that the front page news are sometimes about pets, and which glamour model removed her silicion boobs as opposed to war and famine, death and destruction...Dont get me wrong...I find it to be our resposibility as citizens of planet Earth to know what is going on outside our countries borders...but once in a while its nice to get a break from the misery...And just read about cats.
Although I do agree it is perhaps a bit too naive to put it on the front page...
My dear friend
I apologize if i was a bit...how should i say it..i do not know, a bit hard..do not get me wrong either. Maybe i was too sensitive after coming back from home. Anyways, I agree with you when you say it is nice to get a break from "bad news"hehe but this one was way too funny...
No no no! Dont apologize! I enjoyed your entry, and I agree with you. I remember a similar story a couple of years ago about a dog who got on the bus by itself and took it all the way home..actually got off on the right stop as well. Its silly stuff to put in a newspaper...but a nice break once in a while ;)
Post a Comment