Monday, December 15, 2008

Okinawa

After a long trip back from Okinawa, finally I got back to Europe and I said finally because it is such a long trip, it takes almost 12 h by plane from Osaka to Amsterdam. Other than being tired for such a long trip, I feel happy that I got the opportunity to see Okinawa. Okinawa is an island located far far far in the east coast of Japan. It is sub-tropical which means that it has a very nice temperature during the winter. While I was there the least temperate was 18°C it got beautiful white sandy beaches and the ocean is turquoise. The course took place at the OIST (okinawa institute for sciences and technology) sea side house. The view from there was gorgeous. I had an incredible view from my room and I could find a nice beach just down the hill. In this beach I took a break after each lecture session. I could tell you many many experiences. Everything it is new in many ways, fascinating and special in Japan. Hopefully, i get the opportunity to get back again. Even thought i know it is not easy to get there...I will come back!

View from OISTs sea side house. there was a nice beach just donw there where i was staying. It felt pretty much like back home. It looks very tropical with palms trees, mangrove forest, sandy beaches and nice weather.

Okinawan traditional dish. It looks like ice cream to me but it isn't this dish was the strangest thing i have had in my entire life. The name, well i do not actually remember it but i can describe you what it is. It is a cup with beans on the bottom. It has crushed ice on top and it is covered with green tea syrup. It sounds a strange combination, in fact it is very strange, but i have to admit that i liked the taste in my mouth.

1 comment:

Ski said...

Beans and ice? Yikes...Sounds like you enjoyed your trip! I would love to go to Japan some day...Im looking forward to more pics if you add them.

~Ski